Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Snowy Grass

As I look out my large family room window, Brampton only has a small layer of snow and the grass is peaking through.  In London, Ontario, most of my family was pummelled with snow for a couple weeks.  My nieces and nephews that aren't homeschooled rejoiced at having three snow days in a row and then the next week, there were more storms.  For once, London had more snow than Muskoka.  I love snow and I homeschool so I don't have to drive every day, so I was a little jealous of London.  In the GTA, we rarely get crazy amounts of snow.  But as I think about the grass attempting to poke it's head out of the white layer of fluffiness, I think about how some Christians deadness is still showing even though they have the white robe of Christ's righteousness.  They go to church every Sunday and say most of the right things but they are really dead underneath.  They are protected somewhat by the white layer of Christ's righteousness but it is evident to all around them that they are really just dead grass.  "The grass withereth, the flower fadeth: but the word of our God shall stand forever."  I think it is wonderful how God can make the dead of winter pretty with snow.  Dead Christians can still look somewhat appealing to those in the world whose lives are a mess.  Dead Christians can have decent marriages and decent family lives but there is no zeal, no passion, no zest to see God do amazing things with their lives.  I feel sorry for Christians without vision.  Going to church every week but not seeing God change the lives of people who you come into contact with is fine but boring.  I want to be used by God to encourage others that are discouraged with life.  I want others to see my zeal and faith and be inspired by it.  God wants to use us for great things.  We have only to ask, beg, pray, and go out there to help the lonely and hurting.

God use us, we pray!!

No comments:

Post a Comment