Thursday, December 23, 2010

Better than a Thousand Elsewhere

"For a day is Your house is better than a thousand." Psalm 84:10  We can find salvation, direction, protection, restoration, sanctification, satisfaction, revelation, inspiration, motivation,  and preservation. (William McDowell).

I have found all that true in my life.  Any day that I have ignored His presence, my spirit has been unsettled, my stomach in knots sometimes, my ability to think clearly distorted, and my emotions raw.  I need Him every hour and my every hour needs to have Him starring in it.

Everywhere I turn, somedays, it seems I see people wallowing in sorrow and often it is because they have tried to snuff out God's presence in their lives or they have never sought it in the first place.  I think of a former friend who is suffering in alcoholic despair.  I think of a marriage that is on the rocks, a family that is steel reeling from an unexpected suicide, a couple friends that are still grieving the loss of marriages of over thirty years, young children being raised by their grandmother after the murder of their mother by her fiance.  I think of another marriage that ended in a grievious and shocking way to those around them.  Those are just the cases that have touched me personally in the last year or two and my social sphere isn't that huge (if you don't count Facebook).

Lord, we live in a world fraught with sadness, so we need Your Presence all the more to give us hope and contentment and purpose.  Please comfort my sad friends and for those that don't know you, shine Your beautiful light into their lives and illuminate their darkness, I pray.  You are Hope and Life and Light and in You there is no darkness at all.  Praise Your name!

No comments:

Post a Comment